Monday 9 December 2013

Puppet Challenge


There's a great adventure waiting to happen over on Clive Hicks-Jenkins' Artlog blog. It's a Puppet Challenge with an online show to follow. It's being curated by Peter Slight and the theme is Folktales, Fairy Tales, Myths and Legends... not much there to work with then! ; )  I'm going to join in the party and try and make a puppet for it. Great theme too, right up my alley Folklore and Legends! I've decided to do the Earl of Rone, a favourite of mine. I should do the Hastings Jack in the Green and keep it local, especially as Clive had been involved with designing and creating the mask that the Jack previously wore (and it was beautiful, do take a look) read more about that here on Clive's Artlog. Clive is a fantastically creative man and gifted artist, there's nothing that man can't turn his hand to... Stage designs, masks, puppets, wallpaper, plates/cups.. Ghost Houses!... the list goes on and his quality carries across it all. If you're not already following his Artlog you really should! Anyway, I will do another post soon covering my plans and my thoughts, research, existing puppets I own etc. if I put it all here you just won't read it all will you? ... What? ... I lost you at "Puppet Challenge"? ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment