Thursday 26 September 2013

Look Mum, No Hands!


Here's a little snapshot of how things happen in my world. I thought I'd use one of those recent dressed clay figures, from a couple of posts ago, to make create a new Wish List character. This one just speaks to me... spoke to me. He's not bothered by his broken-off hands, he doesn't care that he can't feel, but he does care that he can't FEEL, deeply. As you can see i do take some liberties transferring my reference material, not exactly a photographic likeness! I now want to make a crappy wooden box (frame) to make the original clay figure in to a 3D Wish List. I'll paint the back wall a nice colour and maybe write the words on there, or i'll  just nail a little panel on the front...or i might just blackboard paint the frame/box and just chalk it directly on. Anyway, we'll have to see... i just need to find some planks in a skip and i can get that started.

Wish List- the hopes and wishes of a motley few.


What a great object!
Initialt sketch and then taking it on further, before scanning and colouring in Photoshop.

1 comment:

  1. I love the inspiration this little figure gave you. I have been out shopping in local antique stores for props and have seen a few of these little figures, so expensive though, too bad.... this one is great!

    ReplyDelete