Friday 12 April 2013

Noah Purifoy


Final instalment from our trip to the States back in Jan. On our last day out in the desert we made the short drive from the Joshua Tree Inn out to Noah Purifoy's Outdoor Desert Art Museum of Assemblage Sculpture. Now this place is cool. You can read more about it here (the photos are way better and it'll save me a lot of time!). There's just a whole batch of different installations all slowly weathering away out on this nice plot of desert land. It was a bit chilly and windy in January, but I recommend it to anyone who gets out that way. We mainly took video of it, so i don't have many photos. I can see my own backyard going that way one day. Nearly everything that I should throw out gets a 'Hmmm, i could probably make something out of that'. If i had the land, i would just pile it up! Isn't everything just art waiting to be made??








No comments:

Post a Comment