Friday 9 December 2011

Slipware Piggy Bank


Just a quick one to fill in the gaps. The pig money box has been sgraffito'd for a while now, but thought I'd stick a picture up as a record. Hopefully I'll figure out what the hell I'm doing with this kiln and get some fired in the New Year. I'm dealing mainly with my illustration work now and sorting Christmas and kid's school plays etc. I hope to make a few bits, try a few things out... and if i get the new wheel up in place i'll be making and trashing as many wobbly pots as i can! Hopefully 2012 will be the year when it can all come together and i can get some actual pots out there into the World.



As you may also see i made a fatal sgraffito mistake on the EE's, thought i was scraping away the slip outside the letters and then... oops! That's why i like working on the computer.... apple z every time.
Still, now it 'adds to the character'!!

1 comment:

  1. Here's to 2012 being your year for making lots of pots!
    Yes, the Undo command comes in v. handy. Would love to have one on the potter's wheel.

    ReplyDelete