Monday 19 September 2011

Sewer Tile Art




...Or "End of Day" art. This was the stuff made by folks that worked for the companies making sewer pipes in North America. They would use up any leftover clay and glaze after hours, to make their own items, for gifts or functional use. I've only recently discovered this ceramic sideline and I'm pretty fond of it. It's amazing how new aspects pop up all the time online, even though you've been looking at very similar stuff for months!
Anyway, i picked this up at a house clearance shop a while back as it reminded me of the clay head above (only mine's in cement.... I'm tempted to slap on a bit of gloss paint.)

1 comment:

  1. I love this bearded head (I know, I would).
    Its crying out for a lick of flaking paint tho' (imho)...

    ReplyDelete