Wednesday 27 October 2010

'Wish List' Wednesday




Here's a little idea suggested by my good friend and studio buddy Gaz. 'Wish List' has been around for a couple of years now and started from me getting back into the pocket sketchbook and just drawing. These drawings then seemed to develop voices and i added their little mutterings. The words were always mimimal and started to become hopes and dreams that they might have. It slowly developed over the year and finally found an outlet as a rather beautiful poster that was produced with my agent Heart. It even recently popped up on my good friend Lydia's blog recently ( if you have kids you'll probably already be very familiar with her work. Who knows how many fantastic kids books she has out there now?).You can also see more of my work on my agent's website here. Now i'm going to feature one 'Wish List' each week and maybe show the workings or thoughts about it. Some even came from objects i have around the house and a couple of my kid's toys developed into little characters. I'm starting with this one, as it always seems to be most peoples favourite and sums up the whole concept. Actually, you can have two, as this was one of the first and another firm favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment